Chef Rob Grisham and Brasserie V are pleased to be participating in the American Liver Foundation’s Flavors of Madison event, to be held on February 28, 2010.
Brasserie V, winner of our 2009 Mad Diner award for Best New Restaurant, has in reality become a very popular, well-established bistro on Monroe Street. The stated goal of the restaurant is to combine their love for simple, unpretentious food with Belgian beers and top-notch wines. This is a goal that they have succeeded with, serving over 100 different beers, 50 of which are Belgian.
Chef Rob Grisham leads the restaurant in the development of the menu, focusing on preparing from scratch, locally-sourced, fresh dishes with global influences. A self-taught chef with artistic vision, Grisham prides himself on creating top-notch food in a casual come-as-you -are environment that has a very approachable atmosphere.
Chef Grisham has been working in the culinary arena in the Madison area for several years. He credits Eric Leibering of Kestrel Ridge Country Club for acting as his mentor, allowing him to truly define his culinary view.
Chef Grisham has a passion for working creatively with “anything off a pig”, and enjoys availability of the world class local providers. On the other hand, he prefers not to deal with any sort of fish out of a jar, particularly creamed Herring. “My grandfather used to eat that a lot,” chuckled Grisham.
Chef Grisham is excited to be participating in the American Liver Foundation’s Flavors of Madison event, to be held on February 28, 2010. He particularly enjoys the creativity that the event requires. “The Flavors of Madison event is great, this is our second year of participation!” states Grisham.
You are reading Flavors of Madison 2010 Read more from this series of articles.
- The Flavors of Madison to Benefit the American Liver Foundation
- Spotlight on Chef Craig Summers of The Capitol Chophouse
- Spotlight on Chef Graham Smith of The Heartland Grill
- Spotlight on Chef Patrick McCormick of the Tornado Steakhouse
- Spotlight on Chef Rod Ladson of Johnny's Italian Steakhouse
- Spotlight on Chef Nicholas Johnson of Restaurant Magnus
- Spotlight on Chef Dave Heide of Liliana's
- Spotlight on Chef Rob Grisham of Brasserie V
- Spotlight on Chef Thoney Clarke of Cafe Costa Rica
- Spotlight on Chef Angelo Cattaneo of OPA
- Spotlight on Chef Esmeralda Bascones of Inka Heritage
- Spotlight on Chef Dan Fox of the Madison Club
- The Flavors of Madison Chefs